[ale] Desktop 32GB of RAM

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Aug 18 20:36:19 EDT 2015

No VMs. Current desktop I built 01/2012. Needs faster disk I/O. I spend about 45 minutes waiting on a compile of software when I do a fresh checkout.

The reason I said 64GB is because when I was pricing out a workstation on Penguin Computing's website the lowest was 64. Personally, 16 is fine. With 64 though I could copy the source tree into a ramdisk. Luckily I do have a UPS under my desk. :)