[ale] VelociRaptor

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Aug 17 16:24:17 EDT 2015

I have 2 300GB SATA VelociRaptor drives. I ordered a USB 3.0 external enclosure from Amazon because I now have a new device I need to work on that has USB 3.0 ports. It has only 8GB of space on its internal flash and Ubuntu will not shut up about low space.

I learned today that the drive in the enclosure over USB 3.0 is almost 2.5x over the drive in my desktop. I did a quit compile test on some software and it was 2m vs 3m to do the operation. Some days I could do that operation more than 50 times. Time to upgrade the desktop!