[ale] folder properties

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Aug 17 11:24:53 EDT 2015

On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 08:16:43 -0400
Paul Cartwright <pbcartwright at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/17/2015 07:39 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> > I know evolution can use multiple accounts and I can send from
> > different addresses with each, a default send address plus choose
> > any others known or manually fill. I expect thunderbird to have
> > similar abilities.

> I have multiple accounts in thunderbird, and I can send email from any
> one of them. My issue is sending from ale folder needs to be sent via
> my gmail account, or it gets stuck waiting for the moderator.. I've
> tried evolution, kmail, pegasus, claws.. mutt, pine.. I always seem
> to end back up with thunderbird. I even tried Eudora for a while &
> The Bat!. Now The Bat sure was powerful!!!! wonder if it is still
> supported...

Hi Paul,

I have no idea if Thunderbird has an equivalent, but in Claws-Mail you
can right click a folder, select "properties", go to "compose", and on
the bottom is a dropdown called "default account". I have my main
account, plus three accounts corresponding to three other email
addresses I have, so for a given folder I can pick any of them to be my
default account.

Like I said, I don't know if Thunderbird has the same thing, but it's
worth a look.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust