[ale] FreeNAS as storage KVM guest

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 15:41:29 EDT 2015

Guys,

I have tried to Google this and I am getting a lot of running FreeNAS
as VM on KVM.

Here are the details. I have an iXsystem that crashes because the BMC
card dead on the Supermicro Mother Board, it seem that iXsystems place
the FreeNAS rom on the BMC to run the NAS.

I was able to get the NAS back up using a flash drive running the
latest version of FreeNAS.

Work doesn't want to use for production, so they are giving to me to
use virtual, so my question is this.

Has anyone had any luck getting to use FreeNAS with KVM? I tried and I
am getting permission issues, and i am trying to work that out, but
wonder if anyone knows the secret already.  What do I need to do in
FreeNAS to make KVM happy because KVM is the one throwing permission
errors.

--
Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want
Studio a try.