[ale] new UEFI/windows8.1/Linux

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Sat Aug 8 08:15:27 EDT 2015

An easier way to put it is that MSFT assumes it is the only OS and it prone to
wipe anything it doesn't understand.  A few times a year, during monthly
patching, the boot sector might be overwritten again, so be certain you keep a
save-your-butt bootable flash drive close so you can fix it with a grub-install;
update-grub session.  I didn't have this problem until recently - just the last
2 yrs.  Fortunately, I don't really dual boot much.

Thanks MSFT for being a "good citizen!"