[ale] Z-Wave or ZigBee

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Aug 5 09:06:46 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----

I have plenty of Pis and BeagleBone Blacks. Okay, ZigBee is simply architecture for IoT that can do automation. I had known about IoT, but I
am confusing ZigBee for only being for automation. Automation is just a sample application of IoT. I found some outlet plugs on eBay that support it.

I like the idea of the ethernet gateway. The ZB devices can simply be on their own subnet. Are there any support for this gateway architecture in Linux, or am I restricted to a device like what Digi has created?

Chris