[ale] Curious video boot problem.

Byron Jeff byronjeff at mail.clayton.edu
Mon Aug 3 17:48:51 EDT 2015

On Mon, Aug 03, 2015 at 03:57:13PM -0400, James Sumners wrote:
>    Sounds to me like it's the BIOS that is hanging on video init. A PC
>    speaker may help verify.

I put on a piezo speaker to hear the beeps. When the external card is
pulled, the POST gives no beeps whatsoever. And the beeing for the post
works, because if you pull the RAM from the board, it beeps the "No RAM"
song.

BAJ

>    On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 3:28 PM, Jim Kinney <[1]jkinney at jimkinney.us>
>    wrote:
>
>      Also sounds like OS is stuck on video init and may be the issue.
>
>    --
>    James Sumners
>    [2]http://james.sumners.info/ (technical profile)
>    [3]http://jrfom.com/ (personal site)
>    [4]http://haplo.bandcamp.com/ (band page)
>
> References
>
>    1. mailto:jkinney at jimkinney.us
>    2. http://james.sumners.info/
>    3. http://jrfom.com/
>    4. http://haplo.bandcamp.com/

Byron A. Jeff
Associate Professor: Department of Computer Science and Information Technology
College of Information and Mathematical Sciences
Clayton State University
http://faculty.clayton.edu/bjeff