[ale] Recommendations for Two factor authenticaton on Linux (RHEL)?

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Mon Apr 13 23:09:26 EDT 2015

On Mon, 2015-04-13 at 14:36 -0400, Ben Coleman wrote:
> On 4/13/2015 12:55, Lightner, Jeff wrote:
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain privileged or
> > confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended
> > recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
> > copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is
> > prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic
> > transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you
> > have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you

> Do your legal people actually believe this has any legal force?  I could
> be wrong (IANAL), but I don't think you can unilaterally impose
> conditions on unrelated parties with whom you don't have any legal
> relationship.

You can't.  It's largely and exercise in autoerotism on the part of the
lawyers but, as they have fun with themselves, employees of mindless
large corporations are forced to comply because "we know less about the
law" that those fat asses in offices unless we can prove ourselves.  In
the case of something like this, you stand no chance against the
mindless morons in legal.

True story...  One of my security articles was run past a corporate
lawyer.  I E-Mail the authoritative markup to legal.  He has a secretary
print it out for him to read in hard copy.  He then marked it up with a
read pen (mostly bitching about cosmetic issues and gramatic style - all
of which I told them to screw themselves over) and then had his
secretary scan the bloody thing back in as a PDF for me to read.
Yeah...  Right...  That resulted in a flash of light and mushroom cloud
on the horizon.  Words were said that shall not be repeated in mixed
company.  After I was done, he no longer reviewed researchers' papers.
But not everyone had my kind of clout.

> I'm assuming that the office email system slaps this on all outgoing emails?

Generally the case...  Legally worthless but scratches their itch and
makes people (mostly executives) think they are accomplishing something
legitimate.

> Ben

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com