[ale] little rant

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Thu Apr 2 08:08:22 EDT 2015

My first Linux system ran on a 386sx16 with 8 Mb of memory.  It booted
from two 3.5 in 1.44 Mb floppies.  I eventually added a 10 Mb hard
drive.  That was kernel version 0.12.

It had a few utilities including a very primitive vi.  Once I got the
hard drive running I was able to compile the rest of the useful
utilities, such as awk, sed, etc.

Jim.