[ale] OT: serial modems

Boris Borisov bugyatl at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 12:42:04 EDT 2014

Both "US Robotics 56k V everything" work. I was trying to dialup to free
access numbers but because I'm over VOIP on home phone probably that what
prevent it from connecting.

The 14.400 not much of success. Powers up LED are one but no query test
response from the Windows box. I wonder If it is MAC modem because that is
what I found over google when I search FCC ID.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FAST-MAC-V-34-EUD5U9-BRI4286-MODEM-/321545613696?pt=US_Internal_Modem_Card&hash=item4add9cb180

But mine is black with PREMIER logo on front.

I wonder if there is difference between MAC and PC modems ...

I dont have any experience with MAC hardware ...