[ale] Belay that, OT, jre7u71 winXP won't install/update

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Fri Oct 17 20:28:24 EDT 2014

Can second this! A couple of years ago bought the cheapest refurbished
desktop Microcenter had at the time. Having some minor hardware issues so
bought her a more expensive computer from a closer vendor. Big mistake.

Absolutely *no* malware problems with the clean install from Microcenter.
Just Windows built in virus scanner and a very paranoid wife who will not
click on anything she did not expect.

The new HP apparently came with the crap pre-installed! Identical pop ups on
every page, home page hijacking, so called 'virus scanner' constantly
finding things yet not helping the issues...

The good news is once I get her new box sorted out the old one is going to
become a dual boot, movie watching computer. Might even finally get Myth TV
working:)
--
William