[ale] Slackware 12.0 installation scripts

David S Jackson deepbsd.ale at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 17:17:10 EDT 2014

On 10/06/2014 05:08 PM, Boris Borisov wrote:
> Im not pro nor guru. I've using slackware in the past with compiling
> some custom packages that weren't available in the Slackware. That's
> it :)
>

> But if you have backup dont be afraid.
>

> Why 12 not latest ?

Thanks for the interest, Boris!  I appreciate the response.

As I mentioned, this is a "pet" slackware box.  By that I mean it's a
learning adventure.  I haven't started upgrading it since 2005, up until
a couple of weeks ago when I started upgrading from Slack 10 to 10.1 to
10.2 to 11.0.  As a learning experience.  To catch up with Linux after
nearly a decade being away.  Sort of.  So how better to "catch up" than
to upgrade through each revision and look at how far Linux has come.

> On Monday, October 6, 2014, David S Jackson <deepbsd.ale at gmail.com
> <mailto:deepbsd.ale at gmail.com>> wrote:
<snip>

>     My main reason for even doing this is to catch up my skills and
>     know how, since I've been away from Linux for  several years now.
>     So I could just nuke and repave, but that would defeat my
>     purpose.  So instead, I'm looking for details on testing
>     installation success from the install scripts and recovering from
>     where I am at.
>
>     Do you know of a way to see any errors that the install scripts
>     gave up?
>
>     Dave
>

>>     On Monday, October 6, 2014, David S Jackson
>>     <deepbsd.ale at gmail.com
>>     <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','deepbsd.ale at gmail.com');>> wrote:
>>
>>         Hi,
>>
>>         I have a pet Slackware box (athlon 3.6 now) that I've been
>>         nursing along
>>         recently. It was last upgraded in 2005 (Slack 10.0 I think).
>>         I've had

<snip>