[ale] Is this BS?

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Thu May 22 20:08:33 EDT 2014

On Thursday 22 May 2014, Damon L. Chesser wrote:
> As long as we are talking most people,  do most Linux users know better
> than clicking on the attached file to see your refund due to a
> non-exisitng account?  What happens if a windwos users does it? What
> happens if a Linux users does it?

Have clicked on hundreds of links in spam messages through the years to
either warn Windows users on non technical lists, or occasionally just to
amuse myself. User name 'Nice Try' and password of 'a**hole' is a particular
favorite:)

> Still looking for the "to see the
> amount due from winning the Google lottery, just sudo su - and provide
> roots password, then extract this file /temp, run tar xzf refund.tar.gz,
> cd /temp/refund then type ./pownme.sh"
>
> How many linux virus are there in the wild?
>
> root kits you have to be wary of.

Doubt this one was, but I did stop clicking just as a precaution.
http://alt-config.net/MickyLinux.jpg
--
William