[ale] Email system

Collin Pruitt hellow at binenv.com
Wed May 14 18:51:53 EDT 2014

I personally use a postfix/dovecot setup, with SpamAssassin and ClamAV
filtering of all inbound messages. SpamAssassin takes time to learn but
it works like a charm once it's fully set up.

If you're looking for a simple drop-in solution, Google Apps is a nice
platform.

On 5/14/2014 4:52 PM, Chris Fowler wrote:
> I'm in the need to figure out a new method of email, that does no
> include Exchange.
>
> Currently I use CentOS to fetch all our our mail from our provider and
> store locally.  Users then use IMAPS and SMTP to receive and send.
>
> We get hammered with Spam that has nasty attachments.   One user asked
> me what we could do about this.  My thought is that I'm going to have
> to install a real commercial SPAM firewall.  I also looked at Google
> business email.  My options currently are to look at purchasing a
> Baracuda appliance to cut down on the crap or use Google email services.
>
> With the Baracuda I'll stop fetching mail from the provider and smiply
> chane our DNS MX records to send mail directly.  I'm not sure how it
> will feed email to my mail system or if it is the IMAP/SMTP server.
> Anyone use one of these devices?
>
> Chris

Collin Pruitt
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." - Jean-Luc Picard, TNG "The Drumhead"