[ale] Email system

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed May 14 16:52:09 EDT 2014

I'm in the need to figure out a new method of email, that does no
include Exchange.

Currently I use CentOS to fetch all our our mail from our provider and
store locally.  Users then use IMAPS and SMTP to receive and send.

We get hammered with Spam that has nasty attachments.   One user asked
me what we could do about this.  My thought is that I'm going to have to
install a real commercial SPAM firewall.  I also looked at Google
business email.  My options currently are to look at purchasing a
Baracuda appliance to cut down on the crap or use Google email services.

With the Baracuda I'll stop fetching mail from the provider and smiply
chane our DNS MX records to send mail directly.  I'm not sure how it
will feed email to my mail system or if it is the IMAP/SMTP server.
Anyone use one of these devices?

Chris