[ale] LDAP Authentication Issue

Sam Davis aracthabar at gmail.com
Wed May 14 11:59:27 EDT 2014

Hello All,

     I have to admit, I really don't know where to begin on this. LDAP
has never been my strong suit.  We use LDAP authentication for most of
our servers.  We have one user for whom the client machines seem to
forget about.  In order to restore his account's functionality, I have
to stop and then start nslcd.  Sometimes the client machines do not even
realize his account exists, sometimes it knows the account exists, but
doesn't assign the correct group memberships.  Other accounts are not
impacted by this.  Does anyone have any idea where to even begin looking
into an issue like this?

Sam