[ale] Questions about all things USB

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Tue May 6 08:39:18 EDT 2014

On 05/06/2014 07:36 AM, JD wrote:
>> > I have Uverse and their DVR box, but it isn't enough space for me:)
> Won't work with DRM-heavy U-verse.  My friends that have u-verse use a Collossus
> card http://hauppauge.com/site/products/data_colossus.html or Hauppauge 1212
> devices. U-verse is just a tuner/channel changer for them. I don't think either
> of those devices have NTSC capabilities - component-in only.
>
> I own a Hauppauge 1512 which does HDMI or component-in video, but it does NOT
> work on Linux. :(
>
> There are $50 SD PVR/DVRs from China on Amazon now - just add storage.  The
> reviews are mixed. I'd bet they run Linux. ;)
I think I'd rather just make my own MythTV box than buy something from
China.. I have my old desktop box, which would probably work fine..
actually, I think it has a tuner card in it, don't remember what it is
though...
I remember an installfest a few years back, out in Woodstock, they did
setup a tuner... well, maybe it was 10 years ago:)

--
Paul Cartwright