[ale] Questions about all things USB

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Mon May 5 18:19:05 EDT 2014

On 05/05/2014 04:59 PM, Chuck Payne wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Hey, I have a couple questions. I am looking for two thing
>
> 1) A HD USB TV Tuner
> 2) A USB Video Adapter
>
> I know the second might be the hardest to find. I am asking because of
> the wisdom I don't get from Google.

I'd highly, highly, highly recommend staying away from USB TV tuners. Get a
HDHomeRun model that fits your needs. I have (2) HDHR3s and LOVE them. These are
network-based tuners and well supported by Linux.  Plus, you can run the TV
recording OS inside a virtual machine - so no need to have dedicated hardware
just for that.