[ale] cross compiling

Boris Borisov bugyatl at gmail.com
Mon May 5 11:00:02 EDT 2014

I'm trying to get my way around cross-compiling. I have host Debian 7.5 and
the toolchain for mips. I'm working with patched 2.6.24.3 kernel because
that is what runs on my device. So far I got how to compile the kernel for
mips.My question is how you are compiling module that is not in kernel
tree. For example I have to compile rt73 module for wireless.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rt2400/

Since the module package has its own Makefile: do you make changes in this
Makefile or you start make with extra parameters?

Thanks