[ale] Making a wifi connection from the command line?

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Sat May 3 18:44:02 EDT 2014

No, I've not had to use multiple networks on this particular laptop.
Nearly every one of my Debian machines has been hardwired.  This is
actually the first Debian laptop I've had.  Right now it's just my
mobile terminal for wandering around the house.  But seeing mention of
iwconfig/iwlist made me think of the Merakis I have using OpenWRT.  I
use iwconfig there because the Merakis do go mobile elsewhere.  I
actually use them as my bridge and firewall.  They connect to the
foreign wireless network and my laptop plugs into the Meraki's ethernet
jack.  The whole file system is read-only so no one can write any
changes to it or overwrite any binaries if they ever got in.