[ale] default settings

Sean Kilpatrick kilpatms at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 18:57:19 EDT 2014

On Saturday, March 29, 2014 06:41:02 pm Jay Lozier wrote:
> On 03/29/2014 06:32 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> > The desktop decides what application is the default. The browser also
> > has a default app setting.
> > Nothing wrong with uninstalling the thing !

That's what I thought.  Okular (kde) has been my default pdf reader for
years. As soon as I installed the Adobe product, it set itself as the
default pdf rfeader throughout the desktop. Without asking.  I was not
amused.  I was hopingthere was some way to wall off or lock  the user file
that holds file associations so this sort of thing can't happen again.

I think I need another beer.

Sean