[ale] End of XP

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 12:29:13 EDT 2014

OK, so M$ puts a steak in the heart of XP next month.

Unfortunately, my office and most of our customers are still running Win
XP, through Win 7 downgrade option.

So, I am looking at options. I saw an article on Zorin OS the other day as
a look alike and pretty much work alike replacement for XP with Wine
and PlayOnLinux
built in. Maybe I could use this to "wean" the boss off of Windows.

No need to flame on M$, I just looking for suggestions on a safe/easy
transition out the Windows world that can run on 5 year old hardware. Any
other suggestions for a platform move that could still run Windows apps
(mostly Business Vision accounting software) under Linux, hopefully with
minimal disruption?

Thanks in advance.
Greg Clifton