[ale] Hardware RAID5 recovery in software

Dustin Strickland dustin.h.strickland at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 13:29:15 EST 2014

Sorry, let me give you guys a better idea of the hardware - this
appears to be a custom build. Some Asrock motherboard as far as I can
tell with a VIA chipset and an Athlon XP something... an unbranded
SATA2 RAID card(which doesn't work), and the 3 80GB hard drives.

Jim,

That's what I was afraid of. Only 2 of the drives still work. I
couldn't get any data off the third drive. Do you think raidextract
might still work in this case?