[ale] Duplicity , was -Re: [ANNC] ALE-NW @ SPSU MTG. for Thurs., Mar 13, 7:30pm

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 11:57:05 EST 2014

On 03/06/2014 11:26 AM, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
>>> whose private key and how do I fix that?? all I want to do is backup my
>>> home to an external (mounted) drive..
>>
>> Attend the meeting NEXT Thursday and follow along!
>>

> Yes, what JD said! At the meeting NEXT Thursday I'll be showing how to
> use Duplicity.
I wish I could.. first I have a previous engagement on Thursdays, EVERY
Thursday..
Second, I live in Athens, a good 80 -90 miles from your meeting.. Maybe
I could get my daughter who lives Kennesaw to come:) She HAS tried
Linux.. but she does Cross fit like 8 nights a week..

> On the specific error you received it is a known issue on Debian, and
> also Ubuntu by the nature of them riding the coat tails of Debian
> Developer work. It has to do with the python-paramiko version
> currently available in Debian package being old and not understanding
> ECDSA host keys in the known_hosts file.
>
> Full disclosure: I am the Debian package maintainer for
> python-paramiko and I'm currently working on the newer 1.12.x release
> to replace the older 1.7.x release and it does include ECDSA support.
> Unforunately at this time the packaging isn't ready for release so not
> available in Debian or any of it's derivatives.

I am running Debian Jessie, so if yo need a tester:) and thanks for the
info!!

--
Paul Cartwright