[ale] online build-your-own used/refurbished Linux-ready laptop

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Tue Jun 17 21:47:27 EDT 2014

Hi.

Does anyone know of an online place where I can build a used laptop and
select Ubuntu as the pre-installed O.S.?

There's thinkpenguin, which is pretty much exactly what I want, but it's
for new systems and the selection is limited.

This is the kind of system I have in mind, but it's hard to find all this
in a used/refurbished state.  It's pretty hit or miss, mostly miss, on eBay.

  Intel i7 CPU
  16 GB RAM
  500 GB SSD
  14" screen

Ideally the graphics card would be programmable using Intel's GPU
libraries, but I cannot remember whether their libraries are
Linux-compatible.

Thanks!

--
  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>