[ale] SAMBA is driving me nuts (seems that it's SSHFS actually)

Preston preston.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 15:42:05 EDT 2014

Ok, I have a little more info. Apparently the Macs were set it up with
sshfs and osxfuse to connect to my remote linux server.

The connection command they are using is as follows:

sshfs -p5500
indy at the.remote.host:/media/14dccf1f-2af9-4a7d-ad14-86536398b0a6/Server5/Shared/
/Users/<USER>/RemoteShare
-oauto_cache,reconnect,defer_permissions,noappledouble,negative_vncache,volname=RemoteShare

So it seems I need to look into the sshfs settings/permissions. My
assumption was that the sshfs program they installed was just some GUI
connection manager for the ssh mounts. (Obviously I never have used sshfs)

If sshfs is going to be a hassle/flaky then I'll look into doing an ssh
tunneled nfs share.

I appreciate the help in clearing my confusion.

On 6/11/2014 1:30 PM, JD wrote:
> Options?   Pick 1. Which are you using?
>
> Not sure I understand what the groups have to do with either choice. I could be
> clueless.
>

> On 06/11/2014 11:58 AM, Preston wrote:
>> Ah, probably I'm the confused one. I had assumed that sshfs was just the
>> handler for samba. I'm taking it as that is not the case.
>>
>> options?

<snipped>

--
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
-Dr. Seuss