[ale] [OT] First Programming Language for Adult??

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Mon Jun 9 20:54:20 EDT 2014

On 05/31/2014 09:43 AM, Byron Jeff wrote:
> Tom,
>
> I'm sorry I'm late to the party. I wanted to throw in my two cents since
> this area is part of my job description.
>
> Before she dives in, I would strongly suggest that she step back and take a
> 30000 ft view of the issue. Specifically:

Byron,

I've been programming for so long I've forgotten what it's like to start
from scratch.  Thanks for the very informative post on the subject.
I've been asked to help a student learn C++ this summer and I've been
toying with a lot of scenarios.  You've pointed out a fallacy in every
one of them.  I wanted to jump in and describe the hardware
implementation of the various variable types.  You've pointed out I need
to back up a step or two.

Thanks,
Jim.