[ale] Slackware anyone

Collin Pruitt hellow at binenv.com
Sat Jul 26 11:41:30 EDT 2014

On 7/26/2014 11:37 AM, Boris Borisov wrote:
> Slackware 8.0 and 8.1 were my distro of choice back then when I had to
> build server. I've actually managed to fit base install + apache + php +
> mysql + pppoe server in 170 MB harddrve. We used in mainly for pppoe server
> but we did test some php scripting, slow but was working.
>
> The reason I'm asking is just curiosity. Nobody post questions for
> Slackware perhaps nobody using Slackware.
>
> Even I can remember reading anything on the web news ...

I have an old Slack machine that I used as a small web server for a few
years still lying around here. I also have a Slackware VM on this
computer for the occasional testing. I know a few people that use
Slackware as their primary deployed server operating system. I've just
never taken a real liking to it.

--
Collin Pruitt
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored,