[ale] Centos

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Fri Jul 25 20:58:43 EDT 2014

I will note that btrfs is no longer "beta" and is now used in production environments far larger and with far more robust requirements than anything I have had to build for a client, for sure.

The data structures are sound and it scales much better than ext* for volumes > 2 TB, when you need more than about 20,000 entries in a directory, or when you need to not mess with complex middlewares between FS and block device for any one of a number of reasons. It provides better robustness than LVM or mdraid in many situations too, because all redundancy assurances are per object, not per block device.

Doesn't reduce the need for a quality backup regimen, though. Nothing ever will.

Sent from my iPad