[ale] Centos

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Fri Jul 25 20:46:46 EDT 2014

JFS rocked.  I never lost a bit in 5-10 yrs running it on AIX and Linux.

See how 1 data point doesn't make for valid statistics? You and I have
completely different experiences. Compared to the other options, it was great.

I was using ext3 and jfs. I did migrate from ext2 to ext3 relatively quickly.
Journaling matters.  We probably both remember the hours waiting for ufs fscks
to complete.