[ale] Centos

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Fri Jul 25 14:10:16 EDT 2014

On 07/25/2014 10:30 AM, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
> Thanks to both Jim and Allen.
>
> Next question:
>
> I'm about to replace an aging (5-year-old) 250 GB RAID-1 setup with an SSD
> and 1 TB HD. Should I stay with ext4 or move on to a newer file system?
>
> I am NOT trying to start a flame war, just trying to cover my butt for the
> next five years or so.

If your requirements for a file system has not changed and you don't have a
specific reason to use something else, I'd stay with the default, tested,
production-quality ext4.  I can't speak for anyone else, but my data is very
important and I'd rather NOT be a beta tester without a really good reason.