[ale] Advice requested on samba solutions.

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 23:04:30 EDT 2014

W2k8 will work with old nt4 network style but it is a rebuild to do it. Not
recommended!
I'm not sure if you're trying to replace the 2k8 servers with samba or run
the software on a samba box. Samba 4.1 is purported to be rock solid. Might
be worth a tarball install. Haven't looked at version shipping with centos7
but sles should have an upgrade soon.
Don't plan on running the program on a samba box.