[ale] OT: Business ISP

Phil Turmel philip at turmel.org
Sat Jul 12 14:00:08 EDT 2014

On 07/12/2014 11:46 AM, Michael Trausch wrote:
> Stacked and bonded connections.
>
> E.g., comcast and att, with bonding interfaces at a linode for bandwidth aggregation and failover.
>
> More expensive than "simple" internet, but cheaper than leased lines and more flexible, too.

I've been considering this in the near future...  At the moment, only
Comcast serves my office complex at >8mb/s, unfortunately.  But AT&T has
indicated they are working to bring U-Verse to the party.  U-Verse
(internet only) has been rock solid at my home.  Comcast Business at the
office, not so much.

Can you share details of your routing/bonding configuration?  Or point
to a howto you recommend?  I'm familiar with layer 2 bonding between
switch and server, not with remote links.

Phil