[ale] Things I have learned about the HTC One m8

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Sat Jul 5 16:01:35 EDT 2014

I had that problem, too. But it has gotten better with kitkat and the latest version of kde running on opensuse 13.1 (4.11.5).
I originally worked around it by installing ssh server pro on my phone. That works very well, and I  don't have to cable the phone to the pc.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> Phil Turmel <philip at turmel.org> 7/5/2014 11:47 AM >>>

My KDE desktop offers to mount MTP devices, and usually will display the
directory structure, but then chokes when transferring files.  I looked
into the issue and found that it is a known problem with most phones'
MTP implementation that limits them to a single session at a time.
libmtpfs is multi-threaded and multi-client and doesn't (yet?) have a
way to serialize multiple connections.

I work around the problem by using go-mtfs, a google rewrite of the
standand mtpfs FUSE filesystem.  I haven't bothered to script the mount
and unmount operations, but it otherwise works great.

HTH,

Phil