[ale] What did we want?

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Fri Jan 31 14:17:18 EST 2014

Speaking of Google directly sold...

Google is selling the Motorola mobility with around 2000 patents to Lenovo according to a story I saw yesterday or the day before.   The story said that Google is actually losing money because they're selling it and have sold another piece of Motorola previously and the prices for those 2 sales + the estimated value of the other 16,000 motorola patents they are keeping doesn't add up to what they originally paid for all of Motorola to get those patents.

It also mentions that Lenovo is already a large smartphone player outside the US and has been looking for a way to jump into the US market so this fits them well.