[ale] What did we want?

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 14:36:08 EST 2014

On 01/30/2014 01:59 PM, Preston wrote:
> I have noticed more people asking for help since newer machines
> started using UEFI, but honestly after things are installed they are
> generally good to go.  Linux as a whole has come so far in the last
> several years with their GUI that new users have few issues related to
> useability.
>
> LUGs in general have been on a decline for awhile.  I even think it
> was topic on a podcast I listened to recently.
>

> Preston
what about people with old machines on XP.... I already got a friend who
had an older laptop for his son, I installed ubuntu on it for him. Got
rid of all the old windows viruses and it runs FAST now, he is really
happy.. XP support is going to run out in April, and unless people want
to BUY Windows 8.1 ( shudder), the cheap, free, and easy way to FIX it
is to install linux..

--
Paul Cartwright