[ale] [SEMI-OT] Skills for programmers/engineers?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 15:59:11 EST 2014

I don't want a routine that when I'm done, I have more to do than before I
started.

I take martial arts. If I think about ANYTHING other that what's happening
around me, I get clobbered.

where else can a 50+ adult punch teenagers and not go to jail?

The kids are faster, stronger and much more flexible than the (all 50+) old
farts in the class.  But we have had decades in the work force learning how
to duck when the fan clogs, run faster than co-workers before a charging
pink-slip bear and are just mean enough to take a hit in order to set up a
kill.

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 3:37 PM, Chris Fowler
<cfowler at outpostsentinel.com>wrote:

> On 01/29/2014 10:31 AM, JD wrote:
>
>> On 01/29/2014 09:23 AM, Chris Fowler wrote:
>>
>>> I want the guy who goes to sleep with a problem and wakes up with the
>>> answer.
>>> Enters his shower with a problem dries off with an answer.  Goes to the
>>> gym with
>>> a problem walks out the gym with the answer.
>>>
>> This is me too.  Oddly, baths don't work, just showers.
>>
>> Though sometimes the dream solution isn't really the correct answer and
>> getting
>> it written down the next morning before forgetting fails completely. ;)
>>

> I have two cardio routines.  One allows me to work on stuff and finish the
> routine with more work to do.  The other I call NDE, near death experience.
>  It is impossible to think of problems during that one.  My mind is too
> busy in a for loop printing "this sucks!"

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

*http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*