[ale] Letter of Volatility

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 14:19:41 EST 2014

Thanks, Jim. I pretty much figured that the keep alive time would be pretty
short for SDRAM. But you know how anal the government-types can be
sometimes [always?]. The facts don't matter so much as the DOCUMENTATION of
the facts. Isn't that why the govt. uses RHEL instead of CENTOS? I.e., if
you did all the same hardening procedures to a CENTOS box that you did to a
RHEL box they would be equally secure, but the CENTOS box would not be
CERTIFIED, correct?

Would it be possible for a bot/virus/trojan to be loaded into BIOS that
could then grab info when the system is up and running? If it is possible,
they will be concerned about that and it will need to be addressed in the
LoV letter.