[ale] Skills for programmer/engineers

Vernard Martin vernard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 15:59:18 EST 2014

On 1/27/2014 9:35 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:

> The ability to get things done well amongst chaos, mediocrity and
> grossly incompetent leadership is hard to get worded right on the resume.
>
> Ditto on being SME on operational policy in order to exploit loopholes
> and vagueness to actually solve problems instead of just adding
> another layer of bandaid.

Its not only hard to word right on a resume, its very difficult to
display those skills in an interview. Especially since in most case, the
person that you are interviewing is the leadership. Criticizing previous
leadership is not something most leadership wants to here. Even if they
*were* incompetent.

But I suspect that is par for the course in the IT world :)