[ale] regex assistance

Horkan Smith ale at horkan.net
Thu Jan 23 16:18:31 EST 2014

One more for variety...

cat textfilename | ( read line; echo -n $line; while read line
 do
  echo -n ' | ' $line
 done
echo)

As written it will echo at least one blank line even if your input file is empty.

There's a good chance this would be the slowest of the choices, but if the file's not multi-megabyte I don't think it's going to matter.

later!
   horkan