[ale] OT: FCC and ISP

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Thu Jan 16 13:09:32 EST 2014

There's no real market pressure when you only have 2 actual wire choices.

More than once Coca Cola and Pepsi Distributors have been found to be in collusion in various markets to freeze out smaller competitors like Royal Crown.

The reason  cell phone pressure exists to the extent that it does is because when Congress authorized cell licenses they put 6 in every market.   The reason cell phone pressure does NOT make cell phone service as dirt cheap as it ought to be is that Congress didn't require people that buy licenses to actually provide cell phone service.  I used to work for carrier that bought licenses here in Atlanta then stated they had no intent to actually put service in Atlanta.   It often made me wonder if they'd been paid by the big player here to help prevent real competition.