[ale] Moving KVM from one host to another

scott mcbrien smcbrien at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 12:44:04 EST 2014

Do a virsh dumpxml <name of machine> > NAME-OF-MACHINE.xml

Copy that xml file and the machine disk image (or copy the content of it's
block device) to your new machine

virsh define < NAME-OF-MACHINE.xml

(fix any errors that may be printed, you might need to undefine [using
virsh undefine] and define again with updated XML)

-Scott