[ale] New Linksys router on its way

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Jan 7 14:07:54 EST 2014

On 01/07/2014 10:59 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:

> It's not just esata, it's a much more stout gizmo being built with
> ddwrt and others in mind. Esata will allow a multiple drive box to be
> added.  Most peeps will be fine with the Asus gear . Micro center
> price on Asus is $100.

I ran a D-Link for 5 years.  So $300/5 = $60/yr and is not bad if it
does what it says it does.   If they keep providing updates to address
bugs and interoperability issues then it is an even better investment.

I'm looking for working QoS, DLNA, NAS, etc.   I just bought a TP-LINK
W8980($100) and would consider replacing in the fall when this Linksys
is released!

Chris