[ale] New Linksys router on its way

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Mon Jan 6 20:43:56 EST 2014

It seems the tinkering crowd is the target since it's shipping with
OpenWRT installed.  Apparently they sent the OpenWRT team all of the
specs and SDKs/APIs for the hardware.  It won't ship for a few more
months.  I think Belkin tried to cram everything they could into the
box.  Dual core 1.2GHz processor with the eSATA port and the
configurable switch (multiple VLANs).  We'll see what happens to prices
after shipping.

But your comment echos the comments of several others on Ars.  The price
is equivalent to some higher end devices.  So it's all up to the
reviews.  If the thing has some crazy features that don't compare with
other available options it might work.