[ale] USB over IP

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Jan 6 14:36:25 EST 2014

Anyone using any commercial USB over IP hardware?  I was planning on
using the Digi AnywhereUSB, but there are no Linux drivers.

I have implemented the USBIP project on hardwarewith success, but it is
flaky and I really do not have time to modify the client software to
handle connection losses gracefully.   After a connection loss the
server side will not allow the client to reconnect.  Says something else
is already connected. :P   That project is cool, just not ready for
primetime!

Chris