[ale] Kali linux

William Wylde durtybill at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 23:06:27 EST 2014

I run a personal webserver on an isolated connection, and my logs reveal
hundreds of failed log- in attempts (particularly from china).  Nmap of the
various ips reveal suspiciously open ports which make me think that the
attacks may be coming from a zombie-box.  I intensely hate bot-nets, and
have developed a desire to track them and destroy as many as I can find-
whomever is running them, thus I  have recently installed kali in an
openbox VM.  Anybody have any experience  with  using kali in tracking and
destroying such  nets?