[ale] virtualbox nat

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 23:34:29 EST 2014

Folks:

If I have say 4 VM's under Virtualbox, I was expecting each of them to
receive 4 sep ip's like
10.0.2.15
10.0.2.16
10.0.2.17
10.0.2.18

But I always see only 10.0.2.15 for all of them (driving me nuts as to how
they can NAT it this way, my router will not allow this and it dishes out
distinct ip's to each machine) so Virtualbox is crazy.

The above situation of same ip for all VM's is causing me to open unique
ports for SSH access to each of the VM's causing me to remember ports
rather than ip's (prefer to rem names)

How to make VirtualBox behave like a normal router for NATing ?

What is the eq of kvm on Mac's ?

Regards,
-N