[ale] ext3 mount options

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Dec 23 15:40:59 EST 2014

I've ran into a very rare situation where SQLite3 database corruption occurs on some devices I have deployed.

I can not guarantee a proper shutdown. The data on the partition is wanted between boots, but not required. When
I mount it if there is corruption I simply rebuild it. SQLite database corruption can only be detected when using the db file.
For that I need to create a method to detect it and rebuild the file. That is one solution.

The next solution is to validate I'm using proper mount options for this partition.

/dev/sda2 on /mnt/nvdata type ext3 (rw,relatime,errors=continue,user_xattr,barrier=0,data=ordered,usrquota,grpquota)

I'm thinking I need to set barrier to 1?

Any other things I should consider?

Chris