[ale] Titles

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Tue Dec 23 00:59:35 EST 2014

On 12/23/2014 12:40 AM, dev null wrote:
> I still think "Solutions Architect" is the best title ever.

I was one of those BEFORE being a TIA then an EA.

Basically, I got to pick from already approved solutions created by the higher
level architects to solve client problems.  Sometimes we were shoving a square
peg into a triangular whole, but it had to be done to meet "standards."

In all 3 of those roles, it was great because customers didn't get to me unless
they had budget - unless it was an estimation task (usually limited to 5-10
hours tops).  Clients would come in with $50K thinking that was way too much and
we'd return an estimate for $2M. ;)  Not what they expected, but what they
needed to hear.

Who says businesses don't like IT and that they are too slow, too expensive, and
just don't understand the business needs?