[ale] OT: Linux+ Course requires Silverlight

K Thompson kerthomp11 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 11:45:55 EST 2014

So, after talking to JD and getting convinced that it would be okay to
complain about this using this forum, I finally decided to speak up about
it.

My university has a Linux+ course that I am in that requires Silverlight to
run so that a newb like me would not be able to run the course outside of
Windows. It is so frustrating that I cannot get a true Linux user
experience of immersion into the OS through this course.  I was really
looking forward to ditching Windows for a little bit.  Ugh!  Just Ugh!  I
know I could have probably done it using something else, but then I'd still
feel like that I was subject to Microsoft in some way.

Anyways...I apologize for my rant, but I just wanted to put this out there
and see if I was the only one that thought this was outrageous!

--
Kerry Thompson
478-718-4091
kerthomp11 at gmail.com